Flying to Rhode Island/Block Island
Planes to RI Region - For guests flying in from out of town, we suggest flying into Boston Logan Airport or T.F Green Airport. If you are flying into Boston, we can provide you simple directions to get from the airport to Block Island. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns.
If you fly into T.F. Green Airport, you will need to transfer to the Point Judith/Narragansett, RI (Galilee) ferry or take an additional short commuter flight from the Westerly State Airport (see below). We recommend a ride share such as Uber/Lyft or Taxi, about $40-60 each way.
- The Point Judith/Narragansett, RI (Galilee) ferry is located approximately 30 miles (40-minutes) from T.F Green Airport.
- The Westerly State Airport is approximately 40 miles (45-minutes) from the T.F Green Airport.
Trains to RI - If you are coming from as far south as Washington D.C. or Boston, MA in the north, then a train/ferry combination might suit you. Please see the ‘Getting to Block Island’ page for more details.
- Take an Amtrak Northeast Regional train to Westerly, RI station from as far south as Washington D.C, or from Boston, MA in the north. Then a 10-minute Lyft/Uber/Taxi to Westerly State Airport.
- Take an Amtrak Northeast Regional train to Kingston, RI station from as far south as Washington D.C, or from Boston, MA in the north. Then a 20-minute Lyft/Uber/Taxi to the Point Judith/Narragansett, RI (Galilee) ferry.
Flying to Block Island
There are flights on small 10 passenger planes from Westerly State Airport in Westerly, RI. Flights serviced by New England Airlines have flying time of 12-minutes and depart every other hour. The average cost is $118/round-trip. This is a great option for those transiting from out of state because parking at the airport is plentiful, free, and flights leave frequently. If you are prone to motion sickness, then this is a great alternative to the ferries. We recommend booking in advance since July is a peak travel time.
- You can take an Amtrak Northeast Regional train to Westerly, RI from as far south as Washington D.C, or from Boston, MA in the north. Then a short Lyft/Uber/Taxi to Westerly State Airport.
- Please note, this is a local airport that only services local transit and private planes to Block Island. (If you are lucky you could bump into Taylor Swift and her entourage arriving for her annual 4th of July Beach Party at her summer home in Westerly, RI.)